Precisionsquadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precisionsquadron

Precision Aceshigh2 Squadron

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BY LAWS for the squad

Go down 
+3
Curnutte
Yarbles
Medic71
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

BY LAWS for the squad Empty
PostSubject: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:28 am

Squads Purpose
Members/Membership Selection
Meetings/Committees/Dues
Squad Events
Leadership

Article I. Squads General Purpose – Precision is defined as a squad of Brethren who enjoy the history of World War II and Aviation Combat. We operate as a squad of not only members working together in the game but in life its’ self.

Article II. Members / Membership Selection –
A) Members - Precision will have a squadron of No less then 10 and no more then 32. Members during action while in the game will show the respect and dignity that is accompanied with the (+)Precision(+) name and will act accordingly. Active Members will be know as those members serving No less then 10 (ten) hours a month. Competing in at least 2 Squadron Designed events a month (be this FSO or SEC*). They will attend at Minimum of 8 Meetings in a Calendar Year. Any Member who has not met there obligations, or has shown to be unfit to fly with the squad because of there actions during game play may be brought before disciplinary action by the squad, including removal from the squad and its participating events. A number of reserve slots will be held by the squad, for those members facing difficult times. There allotment back into an active roll with the squad will be noted at their return. Any member wishing to be placed on the inactive list should contact the Commanding Officer or a Committee member and notify them of the reasons they will be unable to meet their requirements. A final decision will be made by the squad with simple majority vote to place that said member on the inactive list.
B) Removal of a Member may be brought forth by any acting member during a squad meeting. The member must show to the squadron why said member needs to be removed. A two-thirds vote must be obtained to remove the member. If a member is removed, then it is the responsibility of the CO to contact that member and let him know the squads decision and cause for the removal.
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:29 am

C) Membership Selection will be
1.) obtained by anyone person wishing to join the squad by contacting a member of the squad and informing them of their intent.
2.) Any active member of the squadron informing the squad, that they believe they have a candidate for membership.
Once the squad has been informed of the candidate the candidate will be informed as asked to fly with us for a minimum of 1 week. After this greeting period the candidate may be invited into the squad and carry the squadron symbol during the game for a time frame of one month. During this month the new member will be on a trial basis. After completing one month with the squadron a vote will be made at the next corresponding meeting to make the candidate a full time squadron member. A vote of two-thirds majority will grant the candidate membership.

Article III. Meetings/Committees/Dues
A . Meetings will be conducted on the last Sunday of the month. A time will be established by the squadron CO and sent to all active members. A simple majority of members will be needed to conduct a meeting. These meetings will be conducted in a democratic style. Old business will be discussed first, followed with any New business. Any simple items being brought before the squad and voted on will require a simple majority vote to pass. Membership items and Leadership change will require a two-thirds majority vote. Any financial changes such as major purchases or designation of the funds will require a three-fourths vote of the squad to stand. Voting members will be those who have full active membership in the squadron. Those candidates wishing to attend the meeting have all rights to place their input into discussion but will be unable to vote until there inducted as full members.

B. Committees will be formed by four to five members of the squadron. These members will be chosen by the squad as a whole. A simple majority will vote on the members to be chosen. A committee member will be active for one calendar year. Any member wishing to be removed from the committee will contact the Squadron CO and inform them of their decision. At the next squadron meeting a new member will be selected and voted on with the same rules.
1. The committee will decide what items need to be updated/changed on the squadron website. Items pertaining to the squadron funds. Items pertaining to squad merchandise. They will also decide on any rank/file structure that is established and those said ranks. The committee will inform the squad in its monthly meeting of those decision and recommendations.

C. Dues – At this time there are No dues required for membership into this squad.

Article IV. Squadron Events –
A. Precision will maintain an active roll in Special Events known as Squadron Events. These events will be Friday Night Squad Ops. Special European Conflict.

1. Friday Night Squad Ops – is known as a Squad based event taking place on three to four Friday nights. This event begins at 10pm CST. All members wishing to participate will be in the Special Events Area no later then 9:40pm CST. Any new member when joining FSO will need to contact the Acting FSO-CO for admittance into Squad in SEA. A CO for FSO will be chosen by the squad in a general meeting.
2. Special European Conflict – is known as a Squad based event taking place on three to four Sunday afternoons. This event begins at 1pm CST. All members wishing to participate will be in the Special Events Area no later then 12:40pm CST. Any new member when joining SEC will need to contact the Acting SEC-CO for admittance into Squad in SEA. A CO for SEC will be chosen by the squad in a general meeting.

Article V. Leadership –
A. Precision will have an acting Leader that will be known as the Commanding Officer. This member will oversee day to day activities of the squad. They will call and set meeting times. They will also run and over see the squadron meetings. They will be the liaison between Precision and any other squad wishing to participate in squad functions IE: scrimmages. While during game play the CO will have final say to settle minor disagreements.
1. The squadron CO will serve a term no longer then six months or six tours. If for any time the CO must feel that they need to step down. They will address the squad in its monthly meeting and inform them of their decision. The CO will be voted on by, being nominated by a member of the squadron and then voted on with a two-thirds majority vote to be confirmed. A call for removal of the CO for any reason must be made at a squadron meeting. A vote of three-fourths must carry to remove the CO.
B. Special Event CO’s – will oversee and stay in contact with Aceshigh on setting up these events. These CO’s will carry a term of Nine months or Nine Tours. These CO’s will be nominated on by any member of the squad and will carry with a simple majority. If for any reason these CO’s need to be removed, a call to do so will be made at a monthly meeting and be carried by a vote of two-thirds.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:03 am

Ive read this once so far and it looks good cheers

I might possibly suggest a few minor ammendments.

I think we should leave this up for consultation till the next meeting then agree it as it is or in amended form.

Have we got a section for meeting minutes and can we have it in the confidential section?
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Capt
Capt
Curnutte

PostSubject: Wow   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

I must have missed an action packed squad meeting , Is there meeting minutes going to be posted and available for viewing . I had to work and it sucks , but I could not help it . and I got a few words in thru proxy ( Tim ) so I am content .
Nutte study elephant farao king
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I like what see. One change I would suggest is for new members to fly for at least 2 weeks instead of the 1 listed.
Other than that.. looks fair.
Back to top Go down
Floatsup
Colonel
Colonel
Floatsup

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Looks ok so far, we need to work a little more with some of the wording. Overall its a good start. Bottom line, i dont want us getting so rigid, we look like were a bunch of napoleans. The idea is to really select candidates, that are about as enthustic as we were. And blend in also. As a matter of fact this should go into a squad only forum. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 am

Curnutte wrote:
I must have missed an action packed squad meeting , Is there meeting minutes going to be posted and available for viewing . Nutte study elephant farao king

I am waiting for a provate forumn for minutes but broadly:

1) New site now fully adopted.

2)No change to rook for a tour as agreed a 2 thirds majority needed for this.

3)CO gets a six month tour.

4) Bye laws to be posted and agreed on to include recruitment and minimum standards of participation. Now up for consultation see above thanks medic.

5) Squad to pay for up keep of the site.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 am

Floatsup wrote:
Bottom line, i dont want us getting so rigid, we look like were a bunch of napoleans. The idea is to really select candidates, that are about as enthustic as we were. And blend in also. As a matter of fact this should go into a squad only forum. Cheers

I think the best way to test real enthusiasm is get them to fly with the squad for a period of one or two weeks before they join. That way we should recruit less people who just coast along rarely seen ghosting on the rosta.

On our side we need to make sure new people feel welcome and easily involved. We are a squad after all not a clique. We should help new people with training and run missions to get them easily involved.
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Capt
Capt
Curnutte

PostSubject: Website upkeep   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Yes the squad should pay for the upkeep of this site as we have funds for such items.
But I'll not post in the open as to the amounts we have until such time as its private .
We don't want other visitors to see our squad wealth , by the way Klingan your Lamborghini is on order and you should see it at your doorstep soon .
Nutte

study
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:47 pm

bounce cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:03 pm

I have not learnt to read yet Sad

Its a long document Sad
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Capt
Capt
Curnutte

PostSubject: Klingan   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 pm

I've recieved to following signal from Lamborghini , the one we ordered for you is no longer available in red it is now only in lime green with orange strips down the hood and a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror . And the license plates say assman on them .
Sorry Klingan . Nutte pale
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:39 pm

Oh! I see 2fast sold his car.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 am

Please read the bye laws if you havent already and suggest amendments if you have any. I am going to ask for a vote of acceptance in full or with amendments at the next meeting. We have proved that the squad is democratic so use your vote.

If anyone comes to the next or any meetings and says I dont look at the forumn I vote they should "shut the fuck up". We have on forumn now and people should read it if they want to have a say in the squad.

cheers to everyone.

My amendment is that promotion from OTS to second and then first lt should be by specific pre agreed criteria then administered by the CO. Promotion from first second to first lt should be at the request of the squaddie if they feel they have met criteria showing a willing ness to be involved in the promotion strucuture.

Otherwise I accept all else in full subject to amendment in meeting in future with the three quarters majority. In practice a minimum or eight votes if there are less tahn 10 at the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Capt
Capt
Curnutte

PostSubject: Yarbles   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 am

I would say you are correct , if you don't vote , don't bitch policy is a good one .
and squad members are still required to at least log on to this site.
Nutte

And that includes Walleye and Reiner .
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 am

Please keep reading and have any amendments ready for the next meeting study

Hopefully we can take amendments and vote on them and then get the whole thing established.

If anyone turns up at the meeting and says what bye laws affraid lol! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 am

study
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 am

Please either email me (Tim_aig@yahoo.com) or IM me with admendments you would like to have or additions or subtractions so I can get a final copy before the meeting next week sent to everyone for review. Your co-operation is very much appreciated. Thanks

Tim "Medic71"
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am

Just a question or two.

A simple majority of members will be needed to conduct a meeting.

Does this mean that if we are 26ppl in the squad, there must be at least 14 in the meeting for it to be "legal"?

1. The squadron CO will serve a term no longer then six months or six tours. If for any time the CO must feel that they need to step down. They will address the squad in its monthly meeting and inform them of their decision. The CO will be voted on by, being nominated by a member of the squadron and then voted on with a two-thirds majority vote to be confirmed. A call for removal of the CO for any reason must be made at a squadron meeting. A vote of three-fourths must carry to remove the CO.

Does this mean that we can or can't reelect a CO?

A . Meetings will be conducted on the last Sunday of the month. A time will be established by the squadron CO and sent to all active members.

Maybe a different wording should make this more accurate
- Meetings will be conducted on the last Sunday of the month or a time/date agreed upon. A time will be established by the squadron CO and sent to all active members.[/b]

This is because the meeting can and usually is moved a week tongue
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

"My amendment is that promotion from OTS to second and then first lt should be by specific pre agreed criteria then administered by the CO. Promotion from first second to first lt should be at the request of the squaddie if they feel they have met criteria showing a willing ness to be involved in the promotion strucuture.

Otherwise I accept all else in full subject to amendment in meeting in future with the three quarters majority. In practice a minimum or eight votes if there are less tahn 10 at the meeting."

From Earlier.

If Medic doesnt have enough time for a final draft or the re draft is too comprehensive for people to have a chance to digest we could have an Extorodonary meeting just for this subject a week or two later. It is important we get this right especially as it may lead to expulsions in extreme circumstances.

Thanks again to medic for doing the work for the rest of us ungratefull bastards pig
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Klingan wrote:
Just a question or two.

A simple majority of members will be needed to conduct a meeting.

Does this mean that if we are 26ppl in the squad, there must be at least 14 in the meeting for it to be "legal"?

Does this mean that we can or can't reelect a CO?

A . Meetings will be conducted on the last Sunday of the month. A time will be established by the squadron CO and sent to all active members.

Maybe a different wording should make this more accurate
- Meetings will be conducted on the last Sunday of the month or a time/date agreed upon. A time will be established by the squadron CO and sent to all active members.[/b]

This is because the meeting can and usually is moved a week tongue

1. YES
2. It was determend that it was best if you only served once as CO thus everyone got a chance to fufill that obligation (if we still had access to old forum I could show u were that was stated a year and couple of months ago).
3. It was set as sunday back in spring of '07 due to the fact it was the best all around date for everyone, it has since stood that date and as such I believe should remain that date, unless there are dire circumstance that keep it from happining.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Medic71 wrote:

1. YES
2. It was determend that it was best if you only served once as CO thus everyone got a chance to fufill that obligation (if we still had access to old forum I could show u were that was stated a year and couple of months ago).
3. It was set as sunday back in spring of '07 due to the fact it was the best all around date for everyone, it has since stood that date and as such I believe should remain that date, unless there are dire circumstance that keep it from happining.

1. Ok then i think we are screwed
2. I dont like it but ok
3. I know what you mean but this meeting is amost always pushed at.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:46 am

Can I remind everyone that there is no Mosses rule:

That is we can write our own bye laws now and overrule anything that has gone before by virtue of achiving the sufficient majority. Even the US constitution can be amended.

1) I propose a minnimum of 10 for a meeting to be binding.

2) There should be a monthly meeting as close to the end of the month every month where possible and a minnimum of 12 meetings per year (which will give sufficient flexibility) .

3) A mandatory re selcetion of CO every 6 months but without excluding the existing CO from the process and by secret Ballot where there is an election using this forumn.

4) For a Bye laws to be accepted I propose a two thirds majority and for amendment a 75% majority. Since we have no established Bye lwas currently we should only need 2 thirds to accept the proposed draft or drafts.

I can see this is going to take time so OK. If there is too much in dispute we can accept the Bye Laws gradually. I suggest we begin by Medic if he doesnt mind and has the time preparing a draft of the uncontentious elements which we can agree at the next meeting. Matters relating to promotion, Quoracy (if that is how it is spelt), meeting dates and CO selection can be drafted seperately and dealt with later. Probably the meeting after that which will be the end of march and the beggining of my final month as CO under the current term.
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Yarbles wrote:
[b]
3) A mandatory re selcetion of CO every 6 months but without excluding the existing CO from the process and by secret Ballot where there is an election using this forumn.

I like the idea, but instead, how about we nominate at the meeting then, do a secret ballot election via the forum???
Just an Idea
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:31 pm

Medic71 wrote:
Yarbles wrote:
[b]

I like the idea, but instead, how about we nominate at the meeting then, do a secret ballot election via the forum???
Just an Idea

I agree do this automatically at the meeting before the last tour which in this case would be the one at the end of March and if there is an election we would have the whole tour to vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BY LAWS for the squad   BY LAWS for the squad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BY LAWS for the squad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next