My Water Jet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Curnutte
Capt
Capt

PostSubject: My Water Jet   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 pm

[img][/img]
This is my water jet cutting 3/8" steel plate these parts are for a customers balcony rails[img][/img]
And its me cleaning the parts with a waterhose to remove build up of excess garnet ,and its December and I work in a t-shirt WAHOOOOO lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kvuo75
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: My Water Jet   Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:09 am

i was actually suprised that a few ppl didn't even understand the basic prinicples when you mentioned it..

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomad68

PostSubject: Re: My Water Jet   Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:53 am

Make sure you keep body parts out of there that makes a nice clean cut. You could fillet fish in that thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curnutte
Capt
Capt

PostSubject: You would be suprised   Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:56 pm

They actually cut meats, fish , poultry , trees , all kinds of stuff with water jets . And Flow Corp makes a huge cleaner that removes barnecles from ships in record time , with 6 of these machines they can clean the hull of an aircraft carrier in about 4 days which is about 5 weeks faster than the old method they used which was the ships crew. They program these things and they have a magnetic drive system that just blows the crap right off the hull and its so clean you could eat off of it . I have cut parts and made items for the U.S. Navy , Marine Corp , Boeing , T Boone Pickens , the mars lunar rover ( Not launched yet ) , MGM , Paramount Studios , Raytheon Missles , General Dynamics , and the average dude on the street. The thing thats really cool is when the super highly educated bastages come to ask you if you can cut bizarre stuff , so you get sample matierals to play around with . My job is not just fun , its a constant learning process .
Nutte study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: My Water Jet   Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am

very interesting! they used alot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curnutte
Capt
Capt

PostSubject: You Bet   Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:32 pm

I sometimes run 16 hours a day for weeks on end other times just a normal 8 hourday , but I've got loads of work still and as I draw the cad/cam programs for the machine to run I pull double duty program/operator . But now I have an assistant so life is easier for me . but working on my pc all day drawing stuff is tiring for the mind . I sometimes make 20 to 30 drawings a day or maybe 2 or 3 big drawings with assymblies and multi parts . This is part of the wave of the future in cutting . and there is no heat so you don't change the molecular structure of the make up of the metal .
And now almost all aircraft parts are waterjet as a laser has tooo much heat and makes the edges brittle which leads to cracking and then it tears espiecally in aluminums. Same with titaniums and steel alloys .
Nutte
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mobus
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: My Water Jet   Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:31 pm

That's incredibly interesting stuff John! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Water Jet